Shared memory under Ultrix 3.0

Rick Watson rick at ut-emx.UUCP
Tue May 16 07:22:55 AEST 1989

In article <13026 at ut-emx.UUCP>, rick at ut-emx.UUCP (Rick Watson) writes:
> The following program works under 2.2 but the fails under 3.0.
> The child process fails with EMFILE "Too many open files" when
> the shmat is executed.  The man page indicates that I've exceeded
> the "system imposed limit".  What am I doing wrong?  Does the system
> have to be configured to use shared memory?

Oops, sorry, dumb error.  The child didn't need to shmat the shared
memory as it already was mapped.

Rick Watson
University of Texas Computation Center
 arpa:   watson at utadnx.cc.utexas.edu (128.83.1.26)
 uucp:   ...cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!rick
 bitnet: watson at utadnx
 span:   utspan::watson (UTSPAN is 25.128)
 phone:  512/471-8220 512/471-3241