chained packet panic on DEQNA (uvaxII) ?

Jack Jansen jack at cwi.nl
Fri May 26 23:53:07 AEST 1989

In article <2717 at helios.ee.lbl.gov> envbvs at epb2.lbl.gov (Brian V. Smith) writes:
>We are crashing on our Microvax II with a DEQNA with the panic message
>"qe: chained packet".

Well, you could at least have told us which OS you run, and which
version........

Anyway, the problem is probably that there are packets coming in
that are longer than one receive buffer (and, thus, get chained into
the next buffer) and your software can't handle this. Depending on
your OS, you might be able to extend the size of the recieve buffers.

Another (hacky) solution is to set the 'mtu' of all systems on
the net to a value lower than your uVax-II buffer size.
Een volk dat voor tirannen zwicht	| Oral:     Jack Jansen
zal meer dan lijf en goed verliezen	| Internet: jack at cwi.nl
dan dooft het licht			| Uucp:     mcvax!jack