MIPS assembler manual?

Stephen V. Boyle sboyle at mbunix.mitre.org
Wed May 31 00:57:23 AEST 1989

In article <8046 at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> mitch at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mitch Collinsworth) writes:
>One of our programmers needs to get his hands on an assembler manual for these
>critters.

I don't remember seeing anything like an assembler manual in our doc. set for
the DS3100, but there's a general MIPS architecture/assembler manual available
for the R2000/R2010 and R3000/R3010.

    "MIPS RISC Architecture", Gerry Kane, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs,
     N.J., 1988

I've seen this around in the local computer bookstores - it seems to be fairly
common. It's on the level of the old Motorola MC68000 reference; i.e., general
discussion of the architecture with an instruction reference for the processor
and the FPU. I don't know if the this is authoritative with respect to the
DS3100, but it's a start.

-----
Steve Boyle		The MITRE Corporation
sboyle at mitre.org	Burlington Road