Ultrix 3.0 - Reverse LAT on DECserver 100's - help

David C. White davew at gvgpsa.GVG.TEK.COM
Thu May 25 11:27:10 AEST 1989

In article <559 at sis.UUCP> doug at sis.UUCP (doug berry) writes:
>i've tried:
>    lcp -s -h /dev/tty35:AUNT:SISPRINT
>  tty35 is not enabled in /etc/ttys, setup on AUNT as per manual.
>  cat >>/dev/tty35  returns...
>  no such device or address
>and then:
>    reboot, make entries in /etc/printcap for LAT printer
>  LAT is started in /etc/rc.local
>  lpr -P latprinter  returns
>  no such device or address

You haven't shown your printcap entry for the printer you have
attached to the server, but I'm making a wild guess that you
may have associated the printer and the port in the printcap
file with the 'op' and 'os' flags and you have also made the
association with the 'lcp' command as you have shown above.
This will not work.  You can either make the association in
the printcap file with the 'op' and 'os' flags and issue the
lcp command as 'lcp -s -h /dev/tty35' or delete the 'op' and
'os' flags from your printcap file and use the lcp command as
you did in your example.

--
David White	Grass Valley Group, Inc.   VOICE: +1 916.478.3052
P.O. Box 1114  	Grass Valley, CA  95945    FAX: +1 916.478.3778