Help needed with "xmodmap" under DECWindows

Vince Fuller vaf at Valinor.Stanford.EDU
Wed Aug 29 08:41:29 AEST 1990

I recently (today) had DEC's 4.1 field test release installed on my system and
have found that the new X server included with it has broken the behavior of
certain key combinations. In particular, control-[, control-\, and control-]
no longer generate the proper control characetrs. They should generate octal
ASCII codes 033, 034, and 035, respectively. Reading through the documentation
for "xmodmap", I can't figure out how I would use it to fix this problem. Can
someone enlighten me?

	Thanks,
	--Vince