XRN under Ultrix 4.0

Vince Fuller vaf at Valinor.Stanford.EDU
Sat Aug 11 11:33:29 AEST 1990

-----

Has anyone managed to make XRN work properly with DECwindows under Ultrix 4.0?
When I run the "latest and greatest" version (xrn 6.9), I find that the cursor
(carat) does not appear in any of the displays. This is inconvenient, to put it
mildly. When I roll back to xrn 5.4, this problem is solved. However, with
either version, XRN seems to chow memory like there was no tomorrow - doing a
"ps aux" while running it shows that it uses 65% (over 14MB) of the memory on
a 24MB DS5000/200PX. Needless to say, this doesn't do much good for any other
processes running on the machine. The same binaries, when run on an 3.1C-0
system use much more reasonable amounts of memory - around 1MB (which seems to
be pretty standard for X programs). Any hints or ideas?

	Thanks,
	--Vince