System V Curses

Jeff Stoner jls2 at spdcc.COM
Thu Aug 30 07:37:39 AEST 1990

We are working with both DECstation 3100's and Sun Sparc-1's running Ultrix
2.2UWS and SunOS 4.0.3c, respectively, on an application program that uses
CURSES for screen manipulation.

On the Sun, we discovered a second implementation of CURSES that includes
something called the "Alternate Character Set" for doing VT100 line draw
characters. A couple examples of characters are ACS_HLINE and ACS_VLINE
from the file /usr/5include/curses.h (the library is /usr/5lib/libcurses.a).
This is labelled as "System V curses".

This library nicely solves some "ugliness" of our screen layout (pluses and
dashes become lines!) and we very much want to do the same on the 3100's.
>From what I can tell of Ultrix 4.0 on a friend's 3100, it's not included there
(am upgrading to 4.0 this weekend).

Does anyone have an implementation of System V curses that includes this
"ACS" for a DECstation 3100 or know where I could get such?

Thanks!

--
====== Jeff L. Stoner === Boulder, Colo. ============ /\ = /\ ========== |
   Work: jls2 @ ellery.esi.com                   /\  /  \ /  /\  /\    --*--