MOTIF

Michel Fingerhut mf at ircam.ircam.fr
Mon Aug 27 17:38:02 AEST 1990

When I enquired in this newsgroup in Febr. about Motif becoming available
end of 1st quarter '90 according to local DEC sources (let's see, this must
be now the 3rd quarter or so), the following reply was posted:

	Digital has an excellent X11 Environment XUI). To strengthen
	it's commitment to the OSF, DEC intends to migrate to a MOTIF
	based environment over time. To avoid causing problems for it's
	existing installed base, this migration will not happen in one
	major release.  Motif is available under a beta test type
	agreement  to software vendors. Those that need it now, have
	access to it. THose that don't need it now, will get it in the
	near future.

	Peter Quodling                  Internet:     quodling at blumon.enet.dec.com
	Digital Equipment Corporation   UUCP: ...!decwrl!blumon.enet!quodling
	Nashua, NH.                     I disclaim everying!!!

I particularly like the "over time".  "Over time" we have had for
several months a 5820 that runs just one CPU out of 2, because Ultrix
4.0 WILL be DISTRIBUTED (sure, it's released) over time.