Risc 4.0 Install

Roland Schemers III schemers at vela.acs.oakland.edu
Fri Aug 24 04:22:00 AEST 1990

Hello! I'm trying to install 4.0 on our 5820, but have run into a snag.
I am doing an advanced install, and selected "all of the above" for the
support subsets. Everything loads fine up to the RAND mail handler, which
is at the end of the first tape. It says please mount volume 2, and when
I do I get:

Please remove tape volume 1 and place it with volume 2.
Are you ready (y/n)? y
stdin: not in compressed format
tar: blocksize = 0
Verifying RAND Mail Handler (UDTMH400)
setld:
There were verifications errors....
Then from then on all of the subsets get verify errors.

Has anyone encountered this problem? We have about 6 different copies
of 4.0, and I'm on the third.  I decided to just let the install finish,
and now I'm trying to use setld to load the ones that failed first.

E-Mail would be nice. I'm also putting a call into DEC.

Thanx,
  Roland (schemers at vela.acs.oakland.edu)

--
Roland J. Schemers III                              Systems Programmer
schemers at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ultrix)              Oakland University