Where is RISC ULTRIX 4.0?

Ross Alexander rwa at cs.athabascau.ca
Thu Aug 30 05:25:57 AEST 1990

phil at usceast.cs.scarolina.edu (Phil Moore) writes:
>I know RISC ULTRIX/UWS 4.0 is out there. How and when do we get it?

!!!  At least you got your 3.1/2.x stuff, and with docs no less.  Feel
good about it.  I spent 4 weeks calling DEC about missing H-kits for
our two ds2100s; today I got a set of *bootleg* tk50's.  From DEC, so
it's legal, but they are copies - of (wait for it :-)

	ultrix uws 2.0 risc	(which I think is ultix 3.0)
&	ultrix 3.1 / uws 2.1 update risc

and of course they are totally innocent of docs.  I therefor get to do
an install followed by an upgrade, whilst looking at my VAX ultrix 3.0
docs and reading between the lines.  Should be a real interesting
afternoon.  Sigh.

The salesdroid claimed that 4.0 would be shipping RSN and that they
were holding my order up to `catch the wave'.  Yeah, uh huh, right.