resolver

System Janitor hubcap at hubcap.clemson.edu
Fri Aug 24 01:55:57 AEST 1990

Hi -

DEC just gave me a CD with 4.0 on it to install on my 5000, so they
could give a sales pitch to someone on campus who is going to buy some
workstations. Yea! So now I've got 4.0 on my workstation, and don't have
to wait for it to ship!

I installed it no problem, but it seems that svcorder is a thing of the
past (no mention of it in the man pages anyhow).

So - nslookup can resolve stuff (I put in a domain and nameserver line in
/etc/resolv.conf), but telnet, ftp, rlogin, none of that stuff works unless
I put the mappings into /etc/hosts. I don't have the documentation (just
the CD) and ``man -k'' hasn't helped me yet, so maybe y'all will -
how do I get stuff to start resolving off the DNS?

-Mike