UWS 2.2 out yet ??????

Kent Black,L08,640,7754072 kab at reed.bitnet
Wed Feb 14 09:26:19 AEST 1990

In article <224 at asihub.AUTOSYS.COM> dan at asihub.UUCP (Dan O'Neill) writes:

>ASI received UWS 2.2 on Thursday, February 1.  UWS 2.2 contains Ultrix
>3.1 and window system version 2.2.
>
>Some notes:
>
>	- The X11 subset has become unsupported under 2.2 and is now
>	  called UDWUNMIT022.  The binaries for this subset have been
>	  moved from /usr/bin to /usr/bin/X11.

Further note, installation fails if /usr/bin/X11 exists as a mount
point; bdftopcf and mkfontdir both expect to be linked to files in
/usr/bin.  (tar: cannot link ???: cross-device link)

We had just finished installing X11R4 (good stuff) from MIT the day
the `upgrade' arrived, but it is early in the year so I performed the
upgrade anyway.  Appear to be some problems with .pcf fonts and R4
servers (like, they know nothing about each other).  What fun.

-- kab