Problems with forwarding PostScript files

Paul Sharpe sharpe at hollie.rdg.dec.com
Mon Feb 5 00:23:56 AEST 1990

> From: rwood at dec.com (Richard Wood)
> Subject: Problems with forwarding PostScript files
> 	766c766
>	< -180 x 180 48 R 50 y -180 x 180 48 R 50 y -180 x 180 48 R 744 x
>	---
>	> - -180 x 180 48 R 50 y -180 x 180 48 R 50 y -180 x 180 48 R 744 x

The prepending of hyphens to lines beginning with hyphens is, as someone
mentioned,
a feature of MH: it attempts to conform to the message-encapsualation
scheme detailed in RFC934 (M.Rose: Jan 85) whereby lines beginning with hyphens
form message boundaries, and hence must be character-stuffed when such lines
are really part of the text.
Removing these prepended hyphens either by hand or by scripts does not seem to
cause MH grief,  but the official way to proceed is to use the MH burst
command.
Unfortunately, support for this is not available within dxmail yet......
Actually, MH6.6 does contain, as a 'hidden' option a '-nodashmunging' flag to
forw: when ULTRIX contains MH6.6, life will be a bowl of proverbials...

=========
Paul Sharpe,                        | sharpe at decvax.dec.com
Mail Group,                         | sharpe at wessex.rdg.dec.com
European ULTRIX Engineering Group,  | sharpe at wessex.uucp
Digital Equipment Corp.,            |
Reading,                            | I promise to tell my opinions, my own
England.                            | opinions and nothing but my own opinions.
=========
Calvin for President!

C: What did you bring for show and tell, Susie,
S: I brought a letter I wrote to our congressman.
   What did you bring?
C: A bag of dead bugs I collected from our window sills.
   Best of all, this way Mom didn't have to pack me a lunch!