Dumping multiple partitions to a single tape.

David C. White davew at gvgpsa.GVG.TEK.COM
Thu Feb 22 19:14:13 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb21.051622.10343 at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> map at cscosl.ncsu.edu (Mark Parris) writes:

[deleted text about using the nrmt device]

>Someone mentioned using mt rewind to rewind the tape after all of the
>dumps were made.  I was unable to test this because there seemed to be no
>equivalent for remote dumps.   I simply rewound using the tape drive rewind
>button.

There is an easy workaround for this one.  For your last dump use
the rewind device and the tape will rewind automatically when
the dump is complete.
--
Dave White	Grass Valley Group, Inc.   VOICE: +1 916.478.3052
P.O. Box 1114  	Grass Valley, CA  95945    FAX: +1 916.478.3887