Setting up LAT printers on DS3100... help...

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Sat Feb 10 05:51:52 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb9.034955.28337 at hellgate.utah.edu> bob at cs.utah.edu (Bob Wheeler) writes:

> Has anyone tried to do reverse LAT from a DECstation 3100
> to set up a printer?...
> Then I did a "lcp -h /dev/tty16:DENISE:PORT_19" to reserve the port
> for host initiated requests.

As a starting point, the lcp -h with server/port and the printcap entry are
more or less mutually exclusive.  lcp -h does a static association of the LAT
port with a tty device and the printcap entry does a dynamic assocation.

Try just using the lcp -h /dev/ttyXX form and see if that gets you any further.
You may get some message is your lp-error log file if you're lucky...
but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com