ds3100/uws 2.x xon/xoff LAT problem

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Sun Feb 25 18:35:45 AEST 1990

In article <229 at asihub.AUTOSYS.COM> dan at asihub.AUTOSYS.COM (Dan O'Neill) writes:

> 	When connecting to a DS3100 from a LAT (local area terminal
> 	server), xon and xoff are not handled correctly.
> 	terminal until C-Q is pressed.
>
> 	This problem does not occur on a DS5400 under Ultrix 3.1-C-0
> 	Rev 42.
>
> Is there any possible fix for this?  Is it something that will be

Well the olde LAT problem again...

At this point, I believe there are patches (that work!) for all flavors
of Ultrix.  Hopefully, since the changes are sticky and will stay in all
future releases.

1) You can call the Colorado support center seeking LAT patches.

2) You can install 3.1C as the kernel base for your workstation -
   this isn't advertised but seems to work ok...

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com