Size of the X server process growing uncontrollably!

Joel McCormack joel at decwrl.dec.com
Thu Feb 22 09:29:55 AEST 1990

My current X11 server has been running for a couple of days and is 2.9
megabytes.  You guys are doing something I'm not.

Please tell me how to cause a memory leak in the server, and I'll look
into it.  In particular, replies like ``Run dxyz with the following
.Xdefaults set, use the following commands, and exit.  Run it again.
The server keeps getting bigger and bigger.'' are what I'm looking for.
Replies like, ``Well, I've been running 86 different programs in the
last week, and the server is now 10 megabytes.'' aren't.

- Joel McCormack (decwrl!joel, joel at decwrl.dec.com)