NCP in DECnet-Ultrix gives syntax errors

Jeff Michaud michaud at decvax.dec.com
Tue Feb 20 11:51:23 AEST 1990

> When I try to use NCP in DECnet-Ultrix in order to let a object have
> another default user account it is impossible, due to the fact that NCP
> returns a syntax error (e.g. default user unknow keyword). This also
> happens if I let NCP prompt me.

	Please be more specific.  What is the exact command syntax

		ncp define object XXX default user YYY

	where YYY is the name of an existant user and XXX is the network
	management name for the object (ie. like fal)?

	If the above was the syntax you used that wouldn't work, please
	specify hardware type (ie, VAX or RISC) and software version
	numbers (ie. V2.2, V3.0, ...).

|Jeff Michaud    michaud at decwrl.dec.com  michaud at decvax.dec.com|
|DECnet-ULTRIX   #include <standard/disclaimer.h>              |