DS3100 and sendmail config.

Stefan Brandle stefan at wheaton.UUCP
Tue Feb 27 15:18:23 AEST 1990

In article <24974 at ut-emx.UUCP> brook at ut-emx.UUCP (Brook Milligan) writes:
>following message from invoking `mail -v brook <letter'
>
>brook... Connecting to .local...
>mail: cannot append to /usr/spool/mail/brook/brook

Wierd!  You might start out by doing something like
	ls -ld /usr/spool/mail/brook
to see whether something strange has happened there.  It should look like:
-rw-------  1 brook     105992 Feb 26 21:27 /usr/spool/mail/brook
It should not be a directory, should be owned by you, and you should have
read/write permission.  If it doesn't meet these criteria, try fixing it and
try again.  The more interesting question is why mail is trying to
deliver the mail to /usr/spool/mail/brook/brook.  The `brook/brook' part is not
normal.  I'm afraid that one of the experts out there will have to help you with
that since that's getting far off the beaten path.  Some change to sendmail may
account for what you see.

-stefan