ds3100/uws 2.x xon/xoff LAT problem

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Tue Feb 27 08:05:18 AEST 1990

In article <J1&##+ at rpi.edu> todd at unix.ecs.rpi.edu (R. Lindsay Todd) writes:
> In article <229 at asihub.AUTOSYS.COM> dan at asihub.AUTOSYS.COM (Dan O'Neill) writes:
> >
> >	When connecting to a DS3100 from a LAT (local area terminal
> >	server), xon and xoff are not handled correctly.
>
> This is also a problem with VAXen running Ultrix 3.1/UWS 2.[12].  I called
> DEC just a couple weeks ago about this problem; the best they could do was
> submit an SPR.  Perhaps there is a patch for RISC machines only?
>
> Oh yes -- the DECperson I talked to (Atlanta CSC) had to submit a QAR for
> Ultrix 4.0/RISC, since it was a problem there too; hopefully it will be fixed
> before this is released!

It may be that the patch hasn't reached official status yet.  In any case,
network problems including LAT, NFS, FTP and so on are really handled out
of Colorado, so call there instead of wasting time with Atlanta...

> flow control on you port, e.g.,
>    SET PORT FLOW CONTROL DISABLED
> will turn off all flow control for a port on a DECserver 200 until the port is
> logged off.

Or setting the port/session to PASSALL should work, but this is something
the software is supposed to be doing for you on a dynamic basis.

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com