Problems with forwarding PostScript files

Stefan Brandle stefan at wheaton.UUCP
Tue Feb 6 04:16:57 AEST 1990

In article <2646 at bacchus.dec.com> klee at decwrl.dec.com writes:
>In article <807 at granite.dec.com>, rwood at dec.com (Richard Wood) writes:
>all UNIX)
>> forwarding mechanism adds a "dash space" to any dashes it finds in the first
>> column.
>I think this is only a problem when you use the MH forw program to
>forward your mail.  The workaround is to use a different forwarding
>mechanism or to configure your MH to do something different with lines
>starting with -.

Interesting.  I've had a problem getting mail from Ultrix to our remaining
DECsystem-20 (TOPS-20) to people whose login names have a hyphen.  Since it was
the habit to create accounts with names like `firstinitial-lastname' this ended
up being just about everybody.  I'm not aware that MH is being invoked anywhere.
This will not be an issue too much longer since we are doing our best to get
the DECsystem-20 retired and start saving big $$ on hardware maintenance (which
savings will probably be swallowed up by the higher VMS software costs :-(.

On a similar theme, does anybody have a sendmail.cf that works with smail and
dnet under Ultrix 3.0?  I suppose that the macho way would be to experiment a
whole bunch, but I'm short on time.  So if some kind soul feels touched ...

-sb