Exabyte--SCSI or Q-bus *or* BI-bus

Dan Packman pack at acdpyr.ucar.edu
Tue Jan 9 09:45:31 AEST 1990

In article <9510 at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu>
    eric at geology.tn.cornell.edu writes:
>We are contemplating the purchase of an Exabyte 8mm tape drive
>for our system.  There is a choice about whether to connect it
>to our VMS MicroVAX II (Q-bus) or to our DECstation 3100.

In a similar vein, we have an old VAX 8300 with both unibus and
BI bus.  What are the relative performance hits with the uni-bus
version of an 8mm unit versus a unibus version?

Dan Packman     NCAR                         INTERNET: pack at ncar.UCAR.EDU
(303) 497-1427  P.O. Box 3000                   CSNET: pack at ncar.CSNET
                Boulder, CO  80307       DECNET  SPAN: 9.367::PACK