Ohio State Unix dump improvements

miller at gaia.m2c.org miller at gaia.m2c.org
Sat Jan 6 08:36:19 AEST 1990

 Hello,

   In the USENIX Large Installation Systems Admin (LISA) proceedings
   from Sept. 1989, there is a paper detailing improvements made to
   BSD dump by a team at Ohio State. Without going in to the paper
   here, they report results which, particularly in the case of rdump,
   are quite impressive.

   Has anyone applied these diffs to Ultrix? What were the results?

   Has anyone used them on an Exebyte drive? Results?

   One last question, we are quite interested in trying this enhanced
   dump, but are sadly without Ultrix Source. Would there be legal
   problems compiling a binary copy of the new dump at a remote site to
   be run on a Binary licensed Vax at my site?
 Stephen Miller         The Massachusetts Microelectronics Center
 System Manager         75 North Drive
 miller at m2c.org         Westboro, Mass. 01581
 harvard!m2c!miller     (508)870-0312