Risc (and vax?) Xserver problems (Xcfb, 3.1/2.1)

Marc Evans evans at testmax.ZK3.DEC.COM
Sat Jan 6 00:20:39 AEST 1990

>  We seem to have determined that the Xcfb server present on all
>the workstations (at least that's the name on the mips - not sure what it
>is on the VAXen) is having trouble releasing memory after applications

UWS 2.2 for ULTRIX (both vax and mips based hosts) should now be official.
There are a number of bug fixes in this release, including a number of
memory leak problems. I suggest that you order this new version.

By the way, UWS 2.2 is an upgrade kit which will upgrade from 3.0/2.0 or
3.1/2.1 (ultrix_version/uws_version). It is also the version with the
Display Postscript extension in the server.

- Marc Evans