more Ultrix 3.1c notes...

Frank Wortner frank at croton.enet.dec.COM
Thu Jan 11 01:45:25 AEST 1990

In article <9247 at cbmvax.commodore.com>, grr at cbmvax.commodore.com (George Robbins) writes:
[Regarding the possibility of invoking the "wrong" mail program if /usr/bin is searched before
/usr/ucb ...]

>    To avoid this, you can either fix all their .xyz files or move mail
>    either back to /bin or perhpaps to /usr/etc.

It is easier to move mail to /bin than to /usr/etc.  If you do, change the link in /bin to
point to the new location.  The delivered /etc/sendmail.cf has mail being /bin/mail,
/usr/ucb/Mail (a.k.a. /usr/ucb/mail) believes that mail lives in /bin, and I'm sure that
there are other programs that assume they "know" where mail lives.

							Frank