subnet faking

Dana Carson carson at tron.UUCP
Thu Jan 11 15:45:30 AEST 1990

   Is it possible to have one system with one ethernet port on two
subnets?  We have a class B network address divided up into subnets
(eight bits for subnet).  We have a different subnet number from other
parts of the company in the area but due to the way the network is laid
out the ethernet is bridged so it's all one network.  Can I use some
magic when I configure a system to make it talk to both subnets on the
same device so it can be the gateway between them?

--
Dana Carson
Westinghouse Electronic Systems Group  Mail Stop 1615