System crashing.. HELP!

Ross Parker parker at zaphod.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Mar 8 05:50:22 AEST 1990

In article <10020 at cbmvax.commodore.com>, grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
writes:
> > ... stuff about one of my systems crashing ...
>
> George suggests a number of things to try to track down the problem...

Actually, George, I had tried all that you had suggested, and also finally
remembered some of my long-lost adb knowledge to get a stack trace from
one of the core dumps. The problem is definitely in the nfs code. My original
panicked message was written in the wee hours of the morning with my brain
on autopilot, so it wasn't very clear!

> 6) talk to the support center about known 3.0 NFS problems (I think there
>    are quite few) and either apply the 3.0 NFS / networking patch tape
>    or upgrade to 3.1 and do any appropriate patches there...

This I did the next day, and (much to my surprise) they seemed to think that
the problem was a known one... I've been playing phone tag since then, but
I believe an upgrade to 3.1 plus some patches will cure my woes (exactly
what George suggests).

> George Robbins - now working for,     uucp:
{uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!grr
> but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
> Commodore, Engineering Department     phone:  215-431-9349 (only by moonlite)

Thanks for the relpy,

Ross Parker				parker at mpre.mpr.ca
(604)293-5495				uunet!ubc-cs!mpre!parker