Using DS3100 as a minicomputer?

Stefan Brandle stefan at wheaton.UUCP
Thu Mar 22 14:03:42 AEST 1990

In article <10128 at cbmvax.commodore.com> grr at cbmvax (George Robbins) writes:
>In article <1929 at wheaton.UUCP> stefan at wheaton.UUCP (Stefan Brandle ) writes:
>> Can't install DECnet because it's looking for the base 030
>> stuff and doesn't find it (not under 031!), so I'm going to bug CSC and find
>If you are installing a lot of additional products, you tend do do this several
>times, however you can simply look in the /usr/etc/subsets/DNP*.ctrl files to
>see what prerequisites are listed and just create .lk files for each of those.

Yep, I fixed that backaways.  I couldn't think of any problems with faking
having that software set installed, but wan't sure.  A very harried-sounding
person at CSC did tell me that it was okay to go ahead, so I did.

I'll have to peek at the release notes again.  This being my 6th Ultrix
machine, I may have zipped though the info too quickly.

As gossip goes, I'm told that there are two other schools trying to bring up
library systems (DYNIX) under pick (Universe from VMark) on DECstations/systems.
It looks promising and is a lot cheeper than the $0.5M+ that library hardware
normally goes for.

-stefan