How to clear zombie children while parent still alive.

Michael I. Bushnell mike at turing.cs.unm.edu
Wed Mar 28 04:45:57 AEST 1990

You clear zombie children *only* by exiting (clearly out) or by doing
a wait().  Ignoring SIGCHLD doesn't change that, nor arrange to have
init clean them up.  What you want to do is have a signal handler for
SIGCHLD that loops on wait3() (nonblocking) until there are no more
exited children to collect.

	-mib
--
    Michael I. Bushnell      \     This above all; to thine own self be true
LIBERTE, EGALITE, FRATERNITE  \    And it must follow, as the night the day,