UWS

Tor Lillqvist tml at hemuli.tik.vtt.fi
Tue Mar 6 22:13:23 AEST 1990

I recently inherited the job of administering a microvaxII running
Ultrix.  When upgrading to Ultrix 3.1 I noticed that the tape also
contained the UWS 2.1 upgrade.  Using mt, dd, zcat and tar, I unpacked
also these filesets (I guess setld wouldn't have done it, as we don't
have the corresponding UWS 2.0 software, yes?).  The microvax is no
workstation, of course, but we have a bunch of other workstations
running X here.

Is UWS a part of Ultrix, but not distributed to customers who don't
have workstations?  Is it a separately sold product?  Is it OK to use
these nifty X clients (dxcalendar in particular looks interesting)
that DEC put on the update tape?