HPIB/IEEE 488

Don Kossman don at edison.UUCP
Thu Mar 22 07:45:39 AEST 1990

In article <300 at edison.UUCP> don at seila.UUCP (me again) writes:
>In article <299 at edison.UUCP> don at seila.UUCP (that's me) writes:
>>we need to connect an HP line printer with an HPIB (IEEE 488) interface

>> ... DEC IEQ11-AD

Charles Allen at Purdue (newton.physics.perdue.edu!cca) told me that
National Instruments (1-800-IEEE488) also make a qbus board- i called, it
is $1375 plus $550 for an Ultrix (version 3.x) driver.  They include
source for the driver.  In addition, they make a RS-232->HPIB converter
box which can address multiple HPIB devices, and handles input baud
rates up to 38.4K.  This is $595.

Al Michielsen at Syracuse University (sunrise.acs.syr.edu!amichiel)
says that there are some old (cheap) PDP-11 HPIB cards floating around,
but I've not been able to find them on the west coast.
--
------
don kossman, sei information technology, los angeles