System crashing.. HELP!

Peter Churchyard cmaarpc at cc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Mar 8 23:13:08 AEST 1990

We have a microvax with Fujitsu drives and QD32 controller. When I
first tried to install 3.0, the kernel would panic whenever I wrote
to the Eagle. (chpt mount fsck etc) I checked with emulex and
found that we were running OLD firmware in the QD32. (revision C)
we have now moved to revision H and I then had to RE-FORMAT the Eagle.
This installs some diag stuff. Put up 3.0 etc and now works great! So
Check those revs.