DECWindows login problem

Dan Coutu UEG coutu at mnemax.zk3.dec.com
Sat Mar 3 02:49:28 AEST 1990

You will see this behavior if a problem crops up during login. The
session manager currently only reports
a few error conditions and I believe this is what is annoying you. Check
to see that file ownership of
your login files (.login, .chsrc, .profile, etc.) is correct. Verify
that your default.DECterm setup file
has you as owner, check that all of these files are readable by you. If
there is anything else that you
can think of that could cause errors during login (such as file
protection, trying to execute a
non-existant command, etc.) then clean up those things too.

I suspect that the problem is just an error that is happening silently
(i.e. YOU can't see the error
mesage) and once it is resolved you'll be golden. This is a known
problem and being addressed.

Dan Coutu				coutu at decvax.dec.com
Open Systems Group 			"...he who will not risk, cannot win." - John Paul Jones
StdDisclaimer: This is, of course, my own opinion.