qe: Non existant memory interrupt

Greg Wohletz greg at duke.cs.unlv.edu
Sat Mar 24 09:27:57 AEST 1990

We have several microvax II's that we are using as fileservers.  The are
running ultrix 3.1.  Periodically (about once every 24 hours) they crash
with ``qe: Non existant memory interrupt''.  A peek at if_qe.c reveales the
following comment:

*  1 Aug 85 -- rjl
*      Panic on a non-existent memory interrupt and the case where a packet
*      was chained.  The first should never happen because non-existant
*      memory interrupts cause a bus reset. The second should never happen
*      because we hang 2k input buffers on the device.

Then in the interupt routine the code:

        if( csr & QE_RCV_INT )
                qerint( unit );
        if( csr & QE_XMIT_INT )
                qetint( unit );
        if( csr & QE_NEX_MEM_INT )
                panic("qe: Non existant memory interrupt");

So it would appear that this is an error condition from the controller
itself.  Has anyone seen this before?  Is there a fix?  What is a
non-existent memory interrupt?

					--Greg