SYSLOG gone dead in UWS 2.1

elsen at esat.kuleuven.ac.be elsen at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Nov 1 07:51:17 AEST 1990

   System environment :   VAXstation II/GPX  , UWS 2.1 , 13Mb memory

           Our syslog has been BRAIN DEAD since a couple of weeks now
           and I can't get it going again.
           It only logs the daily syslog restart nowadays.

           Nothing obvious was changed.

           Tried several options : poking with /etc/syslog.conf
                                   changing log level in sendmail.cf
                                   rebooting after above
                                   all this done more then once

           I am becoming clueless; since this (small) machine is
           a major Gateway for mail at our univ. I need a working syslog
           badly (for mail accounting) !

           Can anyone help me ?

                                        Thanks
--

  Marc Elsen (System Manager/Software Engineer)
  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven

               EMAIL : elsen at imec.be