Ultrix 4.1!

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Fri Nov 9 04:45:23 AEST 1990

In article <1784 at riscy.enet.dec.com> frank at croton.enet.dec.com (Frank Wortner) writes:

> In article <1939 at shodha.enet.dec.com>, alan at shodha.enet.dec.com ( Alan's
> Home for Wayward Notes File.) writes:
>
> > 	I won't make any editorial comments about not making an
> > 	upgrade avialable alongside the full installation version
> > 	but if you would like make those comment, I STRONGLY
> > 	suggest submitting an SPR to let us (DEC) know how you
> > 	feel about it.  Don't expect more than a "Thank you for
> > 	your suggestion." as response, but I think your comments
> > 	will be heard by the people that need to hear them.
>

> Along with the distribution of 4.1, you should have gotten a
> letter from our product management folks saying that a 4.0
> to 4.1 upgrade tape will be sent out in about 45 days.  Don't
> bother with the SPRs --- it's being done.

What a waste of time.  If the option was available at the same
time it would make sense, but after 45 days either I'll have
done the update the hard way or will have put it off for the
future or wait for 4.2 to come along...

It's a nice gesture, but seems like DEC is more worried about
polishing the distribution of buggy releases than shortening
the time to get corrected software out to the field.

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com