Ultrix 4.1!

Piercarlo Grandi pcg at cs.aber.ac.uk
Sun Nov 11 05:04:25 AEST 1990

On 8 Nov 90 02:06:14 GMT, alan at shodha.enet.dec.com ( Alan's Home for
Wayward Notes File.) said, on the 4.1 release of RISC Ultrix:

alan> 	I won't make any editorial comments about not making an
alan> 	upgrade avialable alongside the full installation version

In general I think that upgrades are far more risky (difficult to get
right) than full reinstallations, an take about the same time, for any
Unix version. If the system manager has been careful (a big if) a
reinstallation followed by localization takes very little effort. If the
system manager has been sloppy about localization than upgrades will not
help a lot either.

Piercarlo Grandi                   | ARPA: pcg%uk.ac.aber.cs at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Dept of CS, UCW Aberystwyth        | UUCP: ...!mcsun!ukc!aber-cs!pcg
Penglais, Aberystwyth SY23 3BZ, UK | INET: pcg at cs.aber.ac.uk