dumps

Roland Schemers III schemers at vela.acs.oakland.edu
Thu Nov 15 14:06:09 AEST 1990

>Each dump takes up one file on the tape.  So if you've got four dumps
>on one tape and you want to restore from the fourth dump, you need to do:
>
>    # mt -f /dev/nrmt0h fsf 3

Thanks for all who responded. It turns out I had it right all along.
The problem was I didn't think it was working because I was trying
it on the TZ30 in my VAXstation 3140. When I did the 'mt fsf' command
the tape did nothing. Even though the tape didn't move when I did
the 'mt fsf' command it must have queued it up because when I tried
a restore it did move it to the correct location.

Roland
--
Roland J. Schemers III                              Systems Programmer
schemers at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ultrix)              Oakland University