Another C compiler bug

Randolph Langley langley at ds1.scri.fsu.edu
Fri Nov 2 00:26:48 AEST 1990

Martin Fong writes:
>I get the following results on the following MIPS-based systems:
>
>	RISC ULTRIX 3.0			7e-7 = 0.000000
>	SGI IRIX 3.2			7e-7 = 0.000000
>	MIPS OS 1.0			7e-7 = 0.000001
>
>Looks like yet another compiler bug which MIPS has fixed but DEC and
>SGI have not yet picked up.
>
>Would someone please run the same program on the latest version of RISC
>ULTRIX (4.0) and SGI IRIX (3.3) and see if DEC or SGI have fixed the
>problem in their later releases?

I just checked IRIX 3.3.1, and the almost most recent patch[*] for ULTRIX
4.0 and they both yield the same thing as previously.

rdl

[*] I got ANOTHER one yesterday from DEC - wish they would release
when the code was little more steady, instead of these unending patches.
I refuse to yield to the temptation of making a smart remark about
users providing what little QC that DEC seems to be doing.