VAX Ultrix assembler info

Eliot Moss moss at cs.umass.edu
Sat Nov 24 10:13:51 AEST 1990

I use the Ultrix Supplementary documents information for my compilers class
(having acquired the appropriate copyright permissions!) as well as a small
softcover book that I sweet talked my local Digital sales rep into providing
(enough copies for the class). The book gives reasonable details of the VAX
architecture and programming. Of course, some of the opcodes are not precisely
the same (Berkeley had different ideas), and this is for folks who are
presumed to have coded in assembly before. It works well for us, when
supplemented with appropriate lectures .....			Eliot Moss
--

		J. Eliot B. Moss, Assistant Professor
		Lederle Graduate Research Center
		(413) 545-4206; Moss at cs.umass.edu