DecServer 200/300 puts us into PASSALL mode sometimes

Greg Pavlov pavlov at canisius.UUCP
Fri Nov 30 02:14:49 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov27.180637.8932 at watcgl.waterloo.edu>, idallen at watcgl.waterloo.edu (Ian! D. Allen [CGL]) writes:
>>>Any program on recent Ultrix that does "stty raw" sets the port to PASSALL.
      (etc...)
> I agree, but in that case don't we want PASSALL to *really* pass
> everything?  As things stand, BREAK still gets you out.

  ... yes, but some terminal servers including DEC's) allow you to disable
      and/or remap the BREAK trap  (I had to use this in a fun communications
      link that routed me thru three terminal servers scattered along two
      leased lines and I needed to get the attention of/modify session paramet-
      ers in the 2nd and 3rd servers down the chain. Every time I used the link
      ......).

   greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny
   pavlov at stewart.fstrf.org