To strip, or not to strip...

Mike Stump mrs at mx.csun.edu
Tue Nov 27 20:29:00 AEST 1990

In article <15530011 at hpdmd48.boi.hp.com> sritacco at hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (Steve Ritacco) writes:
>I've often asked myself these same questions, and this has brought to mind
>one other.  When will Ultrix have shared libraries?  The most trivial
>widget based application is bigger than a mega-byte.  I wouldn't mind
>getting back some disk space from all those fat executables.

My little hello World example program is up over 5 megabytes now...
I wish (really wish) I had shared libraries so that it could drop down to
60k again.

Is DEC working on shared libraries, do they know ``we'' want them, do they
understand the importance of them?
--
If I can get mail to you via a legally registered fully qualified
domain name, you could be on Saturn for all I care.

		-- quote by Bob Sutterfield <bob at MorningStar.Com>