8800 crashing way too often

Greg Pavlov pavlov at canisius.UUCP
Fri Nov 2 18:31:15 AEST 1990

In article <STERGIOS.90Oct29193129 at kt22.Stanford.EDU>, stergios at portia.Stanford.EDU (Stergios) writes:

> We have a 8800 crashing at the rate of once every two days.  This has
> been happening since January.  This is a big problem ...

  Now I am CERTAIN that you either have  a) a UPS, or b), you have had your
  incoming power supply monitored for at least a week recently...

  We had a similar experience several years ago with a venerable and well-
  loved DEC 2060.  It did not occur as frequently or continue as long as
  yours'.  The problem ?  A semi-loose apx. 20-gauge, apx. 2" wire segment...

   greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny.