Two strange problems with V4.0 on a DS3100

Ted Lemon mellon at fenris.pa.dec.com
Tue Nov 6 02:50:37 AEST 1990

>I have noticed a similar occurence to your DECterm hanging with Xterm.  In
>the middle of large output commands (like uulog to my news server) the window
>hangs and doesn't respond to anything, not even ^C or ^Z.  I have found though
>that iconifying and de-iconifying the window will free it up.

Actually, this is just a bug in the (unsupported) code that DEC has
been shipping - I'm not sure where it came from, but you'll find that
if you compile the X11R3 or X11R4 libraries and clients, the bug will
go away.  I think it's a problem with an X event being incorrectly
discarded by the event loop, rather than a problem with flow control.

				_MelloN_