Ultrix sendmail MX question

Jaye Mathisen mathisen at dali.cs.montana.edu
Thu Nov 1 03:38:12 AEST 1990

In article <1308 at umvlsi.ecs.umass.edu> cohen at umvlsi.ecs.umass.edu (Marc Cohen) writes:
>Sorry if this has been answered already.....
>
>It appears that 'out-of-the-box' sendmail under Ultrix 3.1 and 4.0 will
>not use an MX record if the machine it is trying to connect to is within
>the same domain as the sending machine.  This is true even if the

Hmph...  Works fine for me...  have you tried using nslookup to make sure
that the MX record is set up properly?

Also, you might try looking at sendmail-5.65, with IDA enhancements... I
ftp'd mine from uxc.cso.uiuc.edu in pub/sendmail-5.65*.  It supports
mail11, and other goodies...  Looks real nice.