inetd under Ultrix 4.0

Matt Thomas thomas at wileecoyote.lkg.dec.com
Sat Nov 24 01:21:24 AEST 1990

In article <1938 at asuvax.asu.edu>, system at asuvax.asu.edu (Marc Lesure) writes:
|> I've been trying to get popd and nntpd to run on our DecStation 5000 running
|> Ultrix 4.0, but inetd seems open then close the connection without running
|> the right daemon.  /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf have the correct
|> entries.  Has anyone else ported these programs to Ultrix or had this
|> problem?

nntpd works fine for me.  Did you remember to do kill -HUP on inetd?
Is the daemon where you told inetd about  it?
Matt Thomas                     Internet:   thomas at wrl.dec.com
DECnet-ULTRIX Development       UUCP:       ...!decwrl!thomas
Digital Equipment Corporation   Disclaimer: This message reflects my own
Littleton, MA                               warped views, etc.