xbiff and DECwindows

Mike Iglesias iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
Tue Nov 27 11:27:39 AEST 1990

I'm having some problems getting xbiff (both X11R4 and the
DEC-supplied unsupported one) working with UWS 4.1 on a DECstation
5000/PX.  xbiff notices when new mail has arrived and reverse-videos
the mailbox window, but when I read the new mail, it doesn't undo the
reverse video, nor does it notice new mail arriving after that.  xbiff
does work if I run it on my workstation and have it display on a
DECstation 3100 running the X11R4 server.  Anyone have any suggestions
on how to make it work?

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu