traceroute for ultrix/mips?

Thomas W. Heft heft at husc9.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 4 23:56:57 AEST 1990

In article <HARLEY.90Sep1134338 at gotit.shr.dec.com> harley at gotit.shr.dec.com (Harley Privitera) writes:
>Sorry, I meant that I'm running ULTRIX V4.0; I ftp'd traceroute from
>gatekeeper:/pub/net/jacobson/traceroute.tar.Z
>--
>Harley Privitera		"No matter what you do, one of our
>Digital Equipment Corp.		planes will get thru to the target."
>harley at gotit.shr.dec.com	"What is the target?"
>...!decwrl!gotit.shr!harley	"Moscow."
>				"... I'll call you back."
>					from the movie "Failsafe"

I ftp'd this version of traceroute, and I can't get it to work.  Do
I have to modify the kernal?  I thought that someone said that it
wasn't necessary, but when I run traceroute, all I get is a bunch
of astericks, no hostnames.

What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

---
Tom Heft
heft at husc9.harvard.edu