ANy joy with 3rd party SCSI disks on DS3100?

Rich Kulawiec rsk at oldfield.tmc.edu
Sat Sep 29 01:12:19 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep25.083654.9716 at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au> ggm at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (George Michaelson) writes:
>-Has anybody got any comments on getting this or other 3rd party drives
>to work on a DS3100? It is known to work on the MIPS M120.

I've got four DS3100's connected to CDC Wren V's; in fact one of them
has four of these drives plus an exabyte.  Works like a champ.

I'm running them without the cache-readahead bit turned on, by the
way; my understanding is that the two ways to turn on that bit
were (1) hook up the drive to a Sun-4 and use its disk formatter
to enable the bit or (2) hook up the drive to a NeXT and use the
program posted by Paul O'Neill some time ago.  Well, I haven't got
either machine, so my drives are still running without that bit set.

--
Be seeing you,
Rich Kulawiec