Need help with "C" errors

kbesrl at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu kbesrl at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sat Sep 29 03:37:00 AEST 1990

Hello,

I am trying to compile the fillowing piece of code (part of a larger file from GNU distribution)
on RISC/Ultrix (DECstation 3100) and I get the following error.  I would really appreciate if
someone could help me out.
Thanks.
-- sudhakar
sudha at kbesrl.me.uiuc.edu

CODE:
-----
Lisp_Object
FormatIntegerProperty(buff,count,format)
     VOID *buff;
     unsigned long count;
     int format;
{
  switch (format)
    {
    case 8 : return FormatInteger8Property((char *)buff,count);
    case 16 : return FormatInteger16Property((int16 *)buff,count);
    case 32 : return FormatInteger32Property((long *)buff,count);
    default : return Qnil;
    }
}

ERROR:
------

ccom: Error: property.c, line 128: buff undefined
          case 8 : return FormatInteger8Property((char *)buff,count);